The SARA Bookkeeper/Accountant will ensure the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This position is responsible for preparing and maintaining important financial reports.
Specific duties include:
- Posting SARA’s monthly revenue by donor in QuickBooks accounting system (QB), and recording and reconciling bank deposits. Posting cash disbursements for the month. Reconciling bank accounts.
- Assisting with annual budget; preparing annual budget document that provides last year’s revenues and expenses by month, with recommended amounts for the current year. Corresponding with SARA Treasurer and making modifications to budget as discussed. Posting the final budget into QB Accounting system, and reconciling to spreadsheet.
- Processing general ledger transactions and posting entries.
- Preparing annual non-profit information returns, reports, and filings and submitting to SARA Treasurer for review and signatures.
- Reconciling revenue/expenses by special projects, as needed.
- Processing 1099 forms and other forms relevant to the organization.
- 5-7 years related experience preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting systems preferred.
Please contact us if you are interested or know someone who would be a good fit.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with