Lake Natoma Waterfront and Trail Access Enhancement Project
SARA's objections to the "Folsom Promenade" (a.k.a. "Lake Natoma Waterfront and Trail Access Improvement Project")
- SARA Comments on the Environmental Assessment/Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration
- SARA Comments Cover Letter (6-14-12)
- SARA President Warren Truitt's letter to Governor and others detailing our concerns and objections (11/17/09)
- Sacramento Bee editorial (12/21/09) re: "Values Clash"
- SARA Riverwatch article (Winter 2009) by Dan Winkelman, a Folsom resident and retired State Parks ranger
Folsom grant application list of supportive agencies with negative responses from:
- Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (SABA)
- California Native Plant Society
- Friends of Folsom Powerhouse
- letter of opposition from the nearby Lake Natoma Heights Neighborhood Association
Please contact Betsy Weiland at (916) 488-3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org to support this protest.
Signup for Announcements
RIVERWATCH Newsletter:Below are links to current and past issues of Riverwatch, SARA's quarterly newsletter, containing articles and information related to the American River Parkway.
City/County ContactsA list of City and County Contacts is provided so SARA visitors may communicate with Sacramento County policy/decision makers regarding issues impacting the American River and the surrounding Parkway.
American River Bike Trail GuideThe Sacramento Bee has created an Interactive guide to the American River bike trail that visitors may find useful.
Biking & Hiking the American River Parkway from The American River Natural History Association